Special Call for a Meeting of the
Central Committee of the Valencia County Republican Party
According to the Uniform State Rules of the Republican Party of New Mexico, "if a vacancy occurs in the certified list of candidates for county public office, either before or after any primary election, and such vacancy can be filled under the law, the name of the replacement shall be filled by the County Central Committee" (Section 3-4-3, County - Candidates for Public Office - Vacancies). A candidate to replace Georgia Otero-Kirkham following her sudden death must be selected by the County Central Committee of the Republican Party of Valencia County and the County Clerk notified of the replacement by Tuesday, 4 September 2018.
- If you want to fill the candidate vacancy, call David Gardner, Chairman of the Republican Party of Valencia County at 505-553-3496 by 5 p.m. on Saturday, 1 September 2018 and state your name, "I am running for Valencia County Commission District 2", your email address, and your telephone number.
- To be eligible, you must be registered to vote as a Republican in Valencia County and you must reside in Valencia County Commission District 2.
- Statements of intent received after 5 p.m. on Saturday will not be considered.
- The list of candidates will be distributed to the Central Committee members by 6 p.m. on Saturday.
- No nominations will be accepted from the floor during the Central Committee meeting.
Call is hereby made for the Central Committee of the Republican Party of Valencia County to convene at 10:00 am, Monday, September 3, 2018, at 535 Cortez, Los Lunas, New Mexico, for the purpose of:
- Filling a vacancy on the general election ballot for County Commissioner - District 2; and
- Other proper business.
Central Committee members who cannot attend the meeting, please contact the Valencia County Republican Party Executive Board via VCRP@valenciagop.com to obtain a proxy vote.
David Gardner, Chairman
Carol Chupp, Secretary